Wednesday, April 17, 2013

The Real Racing 3 rant - Part II

A bit over a month I vented against people quickly and unjustly labeling Real Racing 3 as terrible for it's freemium model here.

I'd like to do a quick update and say it is still on my "Daily Games" folder. The progress is 66% completed, 33 out of 48 cars owned, and still a lot of stuff (ok, races...) I want to get done.

It will be hard to own all cars. Especially those 6 with 7 digit prices and the one worth 800 gold (already at 444 and own all other that must be purchased with Gold only). But the "need" to get it all and the great gaming experience it provides makes me come back every day. Also, regular "showcase" events and the occasional update with new cars and races don't hurt.

But point was and still is, people like me are still playing it, and I have NOT spent a cent on it.



In said folder there is also Simpsons Tapped Out and Flight Tycoon. Also freemium. Didn't spend a cent on those either, I am far well into to the games and I keep coming back every day.

And never felt the need for a "Twix" instead...