Wednesday, August 14, 2013

The Honda Civic Tourer rant...

So Honda decided to bring the Civic wagon back.


So will I buy one? No.

Yes, it's likely to be one of the best stations in the market, especially if you take all factors into account like safety, build quality and reliability. But it's not for me for several reasons.

Main reason is, I'm good. I have the perfect car for my needs right now. Then come the things that will make this sell very well, but don't phase me in the least. The cargo abilities, the 1,6 Diesel, the style, the driving "cockpit", the electronic rear damping, the ESP... well, ok the "cockpit" is fantastic. And finally the things I do dislike. The "dumb" rear axle suspension, the poor engine choices and the terrible restyled Civic look. Seriously, I hate how Honda ruins cars on that 2/3 year restyling. Jazz, 04 Civic, 04 Stream...

But this is where the ranting ends, and the praise begins. This will replace many Megane DCi, 308 HDI, Focus TDCi and such. If things go according to plan, those owners will be pretty happy with the build and ride quality, and mostly the reliability of a well established Japanese Civic, while getting a "new" and modern styled Tourer, with a fantastic cockpit. They will surely be better off with the new one. And it's not like the competition has anything this "modern" to offer.



I wish the Honda Civic Tourer all the best. Honda needs to make money (and gain loyal costumers) and this is a very good car for that job in Europe.


Please support Honda and buy the new Civic Tourer. So we can finally get a proper EV, the new NSX and a new Type-R.