Thursday, September 26, 2013

Three weeks update (GORE ALERT)

I can finally consider my mangled finger "glued back". 

WARNING: don't scroll down if you're sensitive, there is a current picture of the healing wound.


Doctor said, and several nurses that took care of the dressings, that after being closed, I could and should let it open, the air would help it heal. 

I most certainly am not going to do that. It is too fresh, sensitive and susceptible. I need to do all kinds of daily, domestic and personal stuff like cooking, driving, bathing etc and it is not _that_ good to be left in the open, exposed to natural and mundane daily aggression. 

It looks good, in a half fried sausage kind of way, it has taken a good breathe for a few hours, but I'm gonna keep it under wraps for a couple more days.

Also, mobility is limited as expected, but more painful than I'd though. Tissues underneath feel glued together and any attempt on moving is like I have a mini razor blade inside it (not surface wound pain). 

Well, it still looks very good, very fast.

Wolverine healing rocks! More booze please ;)