Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Digit update. 4 weeks.

Contrary to doctors' orders I decided to keep it under wraps and moist today. Looked a lot better than the callous it appeared like yesterday and the days before, after removing the dressing. 

Then I noticed some skin wanting to shed. So I patiently shedded it from the tip and it started to peel back over the wound. 

Slowly I understood it was old dead skin, with fresh new one underneath. 

Eventually and surprisingly easily I got it all out to show that brand new flesh and skin perfectly grown in place.

Just disinfected it and I'll be covering it with a simple band-aid for another day, so the new skin gets used to the air.



It'll be 4 weeks tomorrow since it was sliced to the bone and hanging by the tip, and I'm confident I can consider it "done" by then.

Healing like a wolverine... well, almost :-)