Friday, June 28, 2013

Project Datsun 1200. Day 4.

"Cleaning is overrated. I need to get some stuff done" I though.

So I decided to go ahead with the brake and clutch pump removal.

Well, removing them per-se was easy. But I couldn't get the brake fluid lines out. They are stuck and rusty, so forcing them would just destroy the bolt heads.

Decided to screw them back on to get proper leverage, left the brake line connectors "soaking" and now I need one of these to continue:


(vise grip pliers)


Actually I have one of these. But someone borrowed it and never returned it. I hate when people do that...


Another option will be to instead of removing it like this (see brake lines hanging, clutch pump still there):



To remove the other end of the brake lines and get it out like this:



But that will be a job for the weekend. That and getting more light. I have a light, just no where to plug it. Yet...